Professor: “You will need to set up a blog for this class.”
My first thought: “Ohhhhhhhh crappppppp”
And thus my blog was born.
The name for this blog came to me in a puffy white cloud of thought. I wanted a title with more flavor than “My 23 things” (no offense). I’m an English major and a writer, and I often have trouble keeping my voice out of my writing. I’ve been called “over opinionated” by people I find to be under opinionated, so I chose my title to demonstrate the fact that I am opinionated and am capable of recognizing my opinions as personal. After naming the blog I was slightly more excited about having a new outlet. Then, I was informed that I would need to create and avatar.
At this point I began to wonder why God hated me so much. I’m not very good at technology, as you may have guessed. Still, I reluctantly ventured into a neat little website to make a miniature Adriana. I had hoped for a pleasant experience. I was sorely disappointed. At this point, you may feel free to call me vain. Why is my avatar so fat? Who decided that black people are more of an ashen-grey color than a nice brown? I don’t think it looks a thing like me….I do own several bottles of lotion ya know. The whole thing was so unrealistic, and I could not even find hair that resembled mine without looking nappy. Did I mention that I was sorely disappointed?
So, I am still figuring out how the blog works, but overall it’s pretty cool. Technology is hard for me, but I think I will get the hang of it soon enough. As for that avatar…well I have nothing else to say about that avatar.
No comments:
Post a Comment