They say you learn something everyday, and I guess this is more or less true. I’ve taken a psychology class or two and understand the concept of “latent learning”. To me, latent learning is passive learning—which is an awful learning style to primarily rely on.
So, what do we learn and how do we learn it? How do we become Life Long Learners?
There are 7 ½ habits for Life Long Learners (Google them if you don’t know what I’m talking about). One of the habits I may find difficult is habit # 7 ½: Play. I forget to play ALL the time. It’s quite sad really. I think it’s because I work too much and too hard. Its an interesting balance I need to find because, quite frankly, being burned out my sophomore year of college is a tragedy all its own. For me, I think the easiest habit is #3: View problems as challenges. I read this and I thought, “Hecks yeah! I shall conquer all!” I may have overreacted. Nonetheless, I think this is one of the best things a person can do to prevent getting sucked into a supermassive black hole of negative thinking. Instead of feeling like the world is out to get you, feel as though the world sees you as a triple threat. It wants to test your skills. I plan to give them all a run for their money, and after I win all the bets I will take that money and go buy myself a scoop of ice cream. How’s that for play?
great blog post. you're writing is thoughtful and insighful and keeps me reading! i also like the layout of your blog!
ReplyDelete