Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Thing #10

*Yay!!! Finally made it to double digits!*

Continuing on my journey through technological resources, I discovered RSS (really simple syndication).  This tool allows you to use your gmail account to subscribe to various blogs and news feeds automatically. it ultimately saves time because it will automatically notify you of any updates from your subscriptions. i no longer have to waste my life away checking blogs and news cites simply to find out that nothing new has occurred!

This tool is brilliant! I love it because there are so many options to subscribe to and follow. The feeds I subscribe to I believe will actually be relevant to my teaching career. For instance, I am following a blog that posts suggested readings for AP Lit classes. For my own personal gain, I am following a blog that reviews new books that I might be interested in! Finally, I think teachers everywhere can benefit from this easy to use tool because you can search for virtually anything pertaining to your class. Anyone who follows more than one blogging site should definitely sign up. Its free! As always the link is posted below :)

http://www.google.com/reader

No comments:

Post a Comment