In this activity I explored Google Reader further and searched for more blogs using different searching tools. Before, I had just searched using Google Reader’s search bar, but I now know that you can use your Reader to subscribe to blogs and news feeds outside the website.
For me, the easiest one to use was http://www.topix.net. This website follows news discussions and is not really for blogging. I used it to search for discussions about “school 2.0” and found many discussion boards. It was slightly unusual at first, but once I took the time to understand my search results I really liked it. The search results look more like an “Ask Jeeves” results page, but it is fairly simple to use. This tool would be useful for educators who wish to stay informed on the latest topics regarding their careers.
On the other hand, there was this not so great website. In any case, I did not like using it simply because of the layout. It was just really bright and hard to focus. There is really too much happening on the webpage for it to be effective by my standards. Now, you all may very well like this website so I will post the link anyways: http://technorati.com.
Finally, if you do not like any of the two listed above or cannot find any website designed for searching blogs, I highly recommend doing it the old-fashioned way. Google. Really, all you must do is google what type of blog you are looking for and something almost always comes up in your favor.
Good Luck out there & Happy Blogging
No comments:
Post a Comment