Sunday, October 2, 2011

Thing #6

I gotta say that I absolutely love my laptop. There is so much stuff on there that I absolutely need, stuff that I enjoy, and I’m sure there’s even some important stuff on there that I’ve completely forgotten about. And if my laptop ever decides to go on the fritz, I am totally 100% screwed.

Today we have so much stuff! Music, photos, recipes, school assignments, work projects, and tax information all of them saved onto a computer somewhere. Oh and then you think you’re all clever because you back up your hard drive.

And may I ask you, when was the last time you actually backed up your hard drive?

And may I ask you still, where exactly is that backup stored?

Oh, it’s stored at home…where you can only access it at home…which is pretty much useless unless you happen to be at home when you need one of your files.

Well, maybe the above situation works for you, but personally I am terrible at backing up my files because I just kinda don’t have the time. And frankly, when I do have the time I would much rather spend it doing nothing. That, dear readers, is where Mozy comes in.

Mozy is an online storage system that AUTOMATICALLY backs up all the files you want it. Simply download the tiny sliver of software needed select the files you want backed up and how often you want Mozy to keep track of them and bada-bing-bada-boom you are ready to go. Really it’s that easy.

The best part is that you can access these files anywhere you might happen to be whenever you might happen to need them. Okay, you need internet, but finding internet is almost like finding air. It’s usually pretty accesable.

So all you future teachers out there, you can use this site to back up those precious lesson plans, or upload those fine examples of past students’ writing and projects. Everything will be in one safe and easy to access place. You won’t have to have files of worn out papers to show your students year after year.

Unfortunately, it costs $5 a month, but I’m sure you’ve spent more on your Netflix.

Here’s the site if you’d like to check it out. Be sure to watch their neat little information/tutorial video!


http://mozy.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment