Commenting is a good- no great way to increase a sense of community and value in your blog (Like frosted flakes. Get it? “They’re more than good…”). Why post something publically if no one even cares or is ever going to read it? Sure, you can creep on your own statistics and see how many people view you blog, but this does not necessarily translate into how many people actually read your blog. Thus we have comments. Use them people!
Why use them? Truthfully, I only used them to kill time, or if I thought the author had absolutely no clue what they were talking about. Which is more or less wrong. In any case I have seen the light, and believe that commenting in a positive way is incredibly productive to both the author and the blogging community. The author feels important and the readers feel as though they are welcomed and contributing. All in all, everybody wins if you open your blog to comments.
I chose to follow 7 blogs (5 from my class and 2 from other classes). I chose these blogs because the authors actually put thought into their work. Frankly, I have a pretty low attention span and if I’m not interested in what you’re saying I’m not going to continue to read. If I’m reading your blog I actually care what you think for a moment in time…might as well take advantage of the situation. I chose to leave positive comments on the following blogs to encourage them to keep up the good work and give my own positive responses. The blogs are listed below! Check them out and leave ‘em some comments.
Amy's 3040 Blog by: Amy Mills
Candice Casaday by: Candice Casaday
Lauren Grizzard - 23 Things by: Lauren Grizzard
My 23 Things EDU 3040 by: Bola Oydade
Sarah's 23 Things by: Sarah Coker
Stephanie Voris' 3040 Blog by: Stephanie Voris
Technology by: Beverly Oliphant
No comments:
Post a Comment