Saturday, December 3, 2011

Thing #14

This time around I explored flowcharts and mindmaps. Both of these are really great tools that can be used in the classroom to increase learning and participation. For example, flowcharts can be used to clarify directs or as a checklist to complete a project (or even the writing process?). Mindmaps on the other hand is just glorified brainstorming. But, I kind of love it. It's a lot more fun than scribbling on a piece of paper trying to decide on a topic. I have to write a proposal for my English 1100 class this semester and I decided to kill two birds with one stone and begin brainstorming.


Students can do the same thing when hashing out their ideas before writing their papers. I created this one using bubbl.us. I found the site to be really enjoyable and easy to use. In just a few minutes I was using keystrokes to create new bubbles and saving myself loads of time. I chose this site because I was interested in the mindmap concept and getting to know it better. It was fabulous and I highly recommend you all check it out.

Leave your comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment