Now we enter the realm of social bookmarking. Don't know what I'm talking about? Don't fret, Dear Readers. It is oh so simple. Social bookmarking is this awesome tool that keeps users updated on the latest news articles or websites that they find interesting. We used to add cool websites to our "favorites" lists on our computers, and we soon saw how quickly that mess got out of hand. Now we can sign up for a website such as Delicious and begin bookmarking websites from any computer and accessing those bookmarks from anywhere! The bookmarks are brilliantly organized by tags. Next other site users can search for tags and come across your bookmarks. This results in a social networking aspect that allows users to follow each other and stay connected on what other users are finding interesting.
I enjoyed making my Delicious account and do plan to use it for fun, but I can definitely see the obvious uses for education. Teachers can share their insights and websites from virtually anywhere. You can see things from a different perspective from a different school system. Teachers can set up an account and bookmark websites that students can browse through as a review tutorial before major tests and exams--thus eliminating the use of class time to go over material that not all students need to reexamine. I think it's actually pretty awesome. And if I can use it, you can too!
No comments:
Post a Comment