Saturday, December 3, 2011

Thing #13

Ohhhhhh snap! Here we go again, back into the world of tools I have never heard of before this post. What's on today's menu? "Zoho" and "Google Documents". Am I excite? Well.....um here we go. 

So, I found the Zoho website to be a pretty interesting one and it has lots of really neat apps you can use to create a plethora of different documents. For example, if you just so happen to have a hankering for getting organized you can use Zoho to make a calendar or a planner. I gave them a quick look over and found them easy to navigate and simple to use. I, however explored the writing tool in depth and let me tell you--it was super easy. It is so much like Microsoft Word that I wonder if there may be a lawsuit going on due to some copyright infringement. In any case, anyone who can operate a word document can definitely use this site. It is so comparable, and it's free so go ahead and save yourself some money. I love Microsoft Office, but it is pretty expensive. 

The Google Documents quite honestly gave me headache. I used the drawing tool and failed at every turn. Now it could have been the computer, but more than likely it was user error. With that in mind, I have heard from others that they absolutely loved this tool. So, don't let my failures sway you--in fact feel free to laugh at my atrocious drawing. It is pretty bad. I tried to create a neat poster that made school look inviting, and it looks like this school ran out of funding--further evidenced by the very shady-looking sidewalk. Nonetheless, I'm sure that students could use this tool to create fliers and other such documents for both in and out of class activities. I, on the other hand, will stick to Microsoft's Desktop Publisher.

No comments:

Post a Comment