Sunday, December 4, 2011

Thing #16

This Thing is all about ways to stay organized--which is something I could honestly use both as a student, an employee, and even as a member of my own family. Really, my sister is ridiculously active in high school, and I never know when her events take place. She and I should both start using these super awesome tools on a regular basis.

I decided to go with Pageflakes and was not at all disappointed! I have never used an online tool like this before in my life, so let that be a testament to how easy it really is (If you've been reading a long you already know how hard this technology mayhem is for me). The first thing I did was set up the weather feature because I feel like knowing the weather is either gonna make or break your day. No question about it. You ever have a crappy day because you didn't know that it was going to be 30 degrees in the morning and 80 in the afternoon. Yea, sweating is not cool. And don't get me started on the "to bring an umbrella or not" debate. Weather is important, it is a must have feature. Along with current news relevant to your area. Next I decided to get to organizing myself and create the calendar. WONDERFUL experience! I put in little notes, events, and reminders. It was amazing, and then I linked up my email because I always forget to check my emails and miss out on cool stuff all the time. Overall, it's a really great tool that I absolutely love. My only problem is that I think I will eventually get too busy to keep up with it. I mean, I have all these features built into my smartphone, and I never seem to have the dedication to update my stuff even though my phone is always withing 5 feet of me.

Nonetheless, these online calendars are a wonderful tool that I will simply have to make myself use. As a student I know how easy it is to get off track and how teachers work themselves into a tizzy trying to figure out how to correct the now void calendar/syllabus. Having an online calendar is so much easier to edit! You don't have to scribble things out, you just edit them to suit your needs and go on about your life. It's a great time saver and is so useful.  If you do not already use a tool of this sort please go check some out and find what works best for you! Let me know how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment